Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Happy New Year!

I can not believe it is 2014.  I remember being little and thinking I would never ever see the year 2000 because it just seemed so far away.  And now here it is 2014.

We have had a very nice time with our  MeMaw M who has been visiting from California over Christmas and New Years.  But she flew out this afternoon to go back home.  We've been lucky to have her visit as much as she has since G was born.  Thankful to have her.

B could've went back to childcare on Monday but I scheduled his and G's dentist appointments.  G was easy going as usual but this was only B's second time.  Oh he was such a big boy when he walked back with the assistant and Sissy.  But in about 2.5 seconds, I saw the door open and heard "do you see your Mommy out here?" and then "Mommy, I need your help back here for a minute". 

Then it was on.  I had to "hog tie" him as I say to let the Dr even see his mouth.  Brushing teeth around here is an ordeal to say the least.  When G was an infant, I used the brushes that you put on your finger and rubbed her gums as part of her am and pm routines.  I truly believe that made the difference because  I didn't do that with B.

So  MeMaw M is gone and G's year round school starts back tomorrow and hopefully we will get back on track with our routines and schedules.  Already a little off though because with the extremely cold temperatures, they are already on a 2 hour delay.  B will also be on the 2 hour delay so so much for getting back to the routines.  On a happier note, we have one more morning to "sleep in" if that's what you would call it.

Now, let's get this New Year started!

No comments:

Post a Comment