Monday, September 23, 2013

Oven Door...just in case you need a laugh

Not many things leave me speechless.  In fact, I talk ALOT.

 Let me just tell you how my Sunday evening went.  Sunday evenings go fast with trying to prepare for school the rest of the week.  I'm usually running round getting kids bathed, fed, read to and in bed.
 Ok, let's go back to the fed part.  We decided on something simple and light since we had eaten all afternoon at Nana's.  Grits, eggs and cinnamon toast.  Easy enough.  Broiler on, check.  Move top rack up, here's the problem.  I try to open door to do this simple task.  It won't open.  Okay, I lift up, push down.  Nope it still won't open.  I see a light, that is not on, but says door lock.  Okay, so I've never noticed this but it's a good feature to have I think.  I have tried everything but pulling stove out and unplugging.  I've held the buttons, turned it on and off and all.  I still cannot get the door to open.  I just don't understand it.

 By this time, I am laughing.  I'm also looking around expecting someone to holler "Smile, you're on candid camera!".  We baked brownies the day before with no problems. Needless to say, we didn't eat cinnamon toast.  I still don't get it.  I kept getting up and checking the oven door the rest of the evening just to see if it would open.  I know it's going to be some kind of something that is so simple it will make me feel extremely dumb. 

I sure hope this is not a sign of how this week will be. 

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so my husband comes in, turns on the clean cycle then turns it off and viola! the door works again. Oh well, I got a good laugh at myself anyway. Now back to cooking

    ReplyDelete