Saturday, September 7, 2013

TV Time

So this week my daughter had made some not so good choices and we took her TV time away.  Her TV time has always been limited anyway but if allowed I think she would watch all day. I read in Parent Magazine awhile back to give your child seven tickets at the beginning of the week.  Each ticket is good for one hour of TV time.  So they have to choose how to spend it for the entire week.  I changed it around some to work for us.  Most any show she  watches is 1/2 hour, so each one of her circles  are  good for 1/2 hour TV time.









I already had a piece of construction paper laminated at our local Smart Start.  I cut circles out and wrote on each one.  I also had (from Smart Start) some leftover Velcro so that's how they are attached to the construction paper. I put it on the wall under our House Rules.   The plan is Sunday night she gets the circles in an envelope to spend for the week.  I have explained to her that she has to choose all her TV time wisely as this includes any TV she may watch at her Me Maw's and Nana's house.  We shall see how this goes.  It seems like a good plan to me.  Does anyone else have other suggestions for TV time?

No comments:

Post a Comment