Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The New Chore Chart

Gracey has had  a  Routine Chart hanging in her bathroom since she was little.  I had pictures of things laminated and taped to a poster.  We've updated it as time has gone by and added things for Braxton too.  But lately, they have neglected to do the things they are supposed do everyday like pick up the toys and  take their dirty clothes to the laundry room so I am trying a new chore chart.

I've saved mayo jars, jelly jars and spaghetti sauce jars thinking I would find something to use them for besides the DYI laundry powder and dishwasher powder.  Here it is:

It's nothing fancy but it seemed to excite them when I explained it last night.  I cut out bright colored circles from card stock and glued on the lids.
 
Then I found paper to put on the front and I just put their name on it.
 

 
 
As you can see, Braxton loves John Deer Green and Yellow or Construction theme Black and Yellow.  Gracey is all Pink...for today anyway.
 
For the tickets, I just cut strips of green and pink paper.  I didn't write anything on them and the kids were excited with just a ticket.
 
I had a school chart from the Dollar bins at Target and put just a few chores that they can do on it.
 
 
 
 
So they will get a ticket for each of the chores they complete.  We will tally up at the end of the week for a special prize, trip to the library or  maybe even a trip to the park.  I try not to use candy or food as a prize for these types of charts because I don't want food to be a "reward".
 
It's pretty plain and simple but last night they were really excited about it.  We shall see if it is that way today. 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment